Sunday, May 17, 2009

Holey Moley.... I sure felt that one! 5.0 Earthquake Hawthorne/Lennox


May 17, 8:39pm..... Lennox, CA. Well, that sure got MY attention. We just had a 5.0 (preliminary) about 15 miles south of me and it sure was a rocker. I got an email from a friend of mine who lives in the Hollywood Hills and she said it was short. I spoke to my family in Long Beach and they said it was short. It seemed to last longer here where I am located and that made me suspect I was closer to it than the other people.
The funny part about this is that I had posted earlier this week about Bolsa Chica which is on the Newport Inglewood fault. And I can't say exactly but I'm pretty sure this quake will be on the Newport Inglewood Fault. That was the fault responsible for the 1933 Long Beach Earthquake which I think was a 6 or 7 on the richter scale.
If I were a news crew I would head for this guy's house on 106 and Yukon and make him show the crap on his floor. I'm sure stuff went flying.
Someone could send a news crew and see the crap on my floor too..but that was caused by my 7 year old son not an earthquake.

No comments:

Post a Comment